- Homelessness is a national experience but a local issue, with tailored solutions working best for each community
- Homeless families must be actively considered in housing, education, employment, domestic violence, health, mental health, and economic policy conversations.
- A robust and productive debate about the best options available to support homeless families is essential.
- Policies most likely to succeed in helping homeless families are those based on empirical and quantifiable data.
- Helping homeless families regain housing stability is the goal; shelters and schools play a vital role in supporting parents and children experiencing homelessness.
Health & Well-Being